This type of egg sandwich is very common and popular at coffee shops in Osaka and Kyoto area. When I was a high school student, I was working in a local coffee shop as a part-timer. This egg sandwich was extremely popular in the coffee shop and I learned this recipe from the owner.
Tamago Sandwich Recipe (Japanese Egg Sandwich)
Serves: 1, Prep time: 5 mins, Cook time: 5 mins, Total: 10 mins
- Two slices of white bread soft
- 2 eggs
- a pinch of salt
- Butter or mayonnaise (or both. I use both)
- Lay the two slices of bread on a chopping board and spread butter, mayo (and some mustard if you like) for on each slice.
- Split the egg into a bowl and add a pinch of salt then beat them.
- Heat the frying pan with a strong to medium heat and add 1 teaspoon of butter or vegetable oil when the pan is hot.
- When the butter is half melted add the eggs at once . Cook like a scrambled egg. (I used Japanese square omelette pan)
5. When the eggs are almost cooked, put it on the bread.
6. Lay another half of the bread and cut it in the shape you like.
7.Fluffy eggs sandwich. Bon appetite.
Good for breakfast, lunch and snack.